Sluggish performance on my N800

Hi guys,

I seem to be having a few problems with my N800 (flashed to second most
recent OS2008)

Recently (probably after doing a complete update on the software) it seems
to be running really slooooowly after a while. A reboot is required to get
performance back again. It seems to affect network access and/or browsing
most of all.

When this happens, a lot of cpu is being used by "OMAP McSPI" process -
sometimes well over 50%.

Anyone tell me why this might be?
Anyone else seeing this and found a way around it?

Cheers - Mike Wright