syncevolution (was: GPE calendar sync?)

Hi Patrick,

Am Sonntag, den 08.06.2008, 13:07 +0200 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
> On Fr, 2008-06-06 at 20:37 -0400, Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> > However, never one to be satisfied, I was looking at using
> > ScheduleWorld to sync everything (ermining just does cal).  I believe
> > that all I would need is a SyncML client, point it to the GPE
> > databases, and then point it to the resources at ScheduleWorld.  No
> > luck so far.
>
> I keep toying with the idea of linking SyncEvolution to the GPE
> databases in addition to the Dates/Contacts databases that it already
> supports on Maemo. SyncEvolution works fine with ScheduleWorld and is
> designed to work with different database backends, so this shouldn't be
> too difficult, but I just don't find the time. If there is a programmer
> interested in working on this, please contact me.

syncevolution never worked when i tried to use it. Actually I installed
it again and started it:

----
~ $ syncevolution
address books:
<<system>> (file:///home/user/.osso-abook/db)

calendars:
Personal (file:///home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system)

memos:
15:25:16 GMT +0200 [ERROR] - list: unable to access calendars: failure

~ $ ls -all /home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users         110 Feb 20
18:02 /home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics
----
Are the permissions set right?

I really would use your program, because it's a good way to sync the
osso-adresses with my desktop or scheduleworld account. But I'm not able
to get it working.

Where is a good step by step description? I don't found one...

Btw. for dates I use my own webdav space publishing my n800 calendar or
subscribing my online calendar i use together with thunderbird and
lightning. It's no real sync but working on a central calendar file and
good enough for me.

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, but I hope I could help testing the
software.

Ciao Uwe

--
Uwe Kaminski