Re: GPE calendar sync?

Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> ... This is the problem: Google changes something and it breaks the plugins people have written.  And as for Tasks/to-dos/notes, forget about it, since gCal does not have that at all and the only way to do it is through firefox add-ons, remember the milk, or similar.

  As noted above, Google Calendar is also a work in progress (it's
listed a 'beat' on the GCal home page last I checked).  The private G
cals seem to work fine in my experience, but the 'public G calendar' of
my son's youth soccer team, hosted at my google site, has undergone
several "burps" development in the past couple weeks, which do indeed
mess up Thunderbird's Lightning (calendar) extension and it's plug in.
During these 'burps', you can't connect to them within Google or via
outside programs/applets.  Then, a couple hours or day later, everything
returns to 'normal'.  I suspect G Cal is battling with some sort of
security issue.

  It's likely that the other G PIMs are undergoing similar development
issues.  For the most part, it would seem calendars are less critical
(aka less liability issues) than personal contact info, hence that may
explain why GCal may be leading the way in G PIM development.   Once
these issues are dealt with for GCal, the other G PIMs are likely to get
finished up quickly.  Probably in the todo > contacts order of
things...    Just a guess...

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc@xxxxxxxxxxx