Re: GPE calendar sync?

James Knott
> Can Evolution sync with Google Calendar? I use GC to sync my N800 with
> Thunderbird Lightning.

 Yes -- Evolution Calendar can sync to Google Calendar -- at least the
version I've got on Ubuntu 8.x does.   As I recall, you copy and paste
either the ical or html link in the settings page for the calendar in GC
into Evolution Calendar's new calendar setup procedure.

  Also, there's a separate addon required in Thunderbird to get Google
Calendar to work properly in Lighting.

  Lighting GC Fine print -- if something happens to one of the Google
Calendar's you're linking to, you can end up in some sort of almost
infinite loop of asking for login info for your Google Calendar when you
load Thurderbird.  TB keeps trying to log in to get the lastest GC
calendar info and GC doesn't let you log in.  It's happened to me a
couple times in the last couple weeks -- kind of a pain.  It possibly
some sort of GC beta issue.  To get out of it, click on the mail icon
and TB may bypass the calendar login problem.    Then go into the
Calendar and uncheck the corrupted GCs.   Or at least that's what worked
for me earlier this week.

  What program do you use to sync your n800 with GC?  I've installed GPE
in my 800 and couldn't find anywhere to sync with GC.   Claws Mail's
calendar doesn't seem to have a GC link feature either.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc@xxxxxxxxxxx