Re: Memory card recognization issue in OS2008

Hi,

ext Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
>> Thanks, Marius.  Good to know that there's a bug report on xterm and, no,
>> the X doesn't close it.  That's what I went for after ctrl-d didn't work.
>>

> This may be related to the first issue with SD/MMC card. From your dmesg
> log it can be seen the card in external slot is unreadable (all those
> mmcblk1p1 I/O errors) and may be faulty.
>
> When any process (like osso-xterm, shell or whatever) gets stuck in such
> I/O operation like this, it is unkillable. You can use ps and see 'D'
> state next to it.

For above to happen, the cards need to be mounted.  When kernel
notices the errors, it re-mounts the card as read-only, but still
allows processes to read it.  Many applications aren't well
prepared for file systems that may produce garbage though.

Nicholas, what "mount" says of your card(s)?

> It can be the MMC card is really dead/broken or the device doesn't like
> it for some reason (dirty contacts? bad mini/micro adapter?).

I think there were some changes in OS2008 about card recognization.
Knowing the exact models of the cards is necessary.  Is e.g. the
128Mb card the one coming with the device or something else?

	- Eero