Re: Maemo IU locking up

Torsten Hoefler wrote:

> doing nothing. Something seems to use the CPU extensively because the
> battery is drained quickly (2-3hrs) after it starts.
>
> I tried to debug via ssh, and see a constant system load>2 but no
> process besides "maemo-launcher" consuming about 20% (why does this
> process run all the time? What does it do?). I also see Xomap from time
> to time (what does this do?). It looks like top (running as root) is not
> showing all the processes? Is this possible?

It's not showing useful names for maemo-launched [1] apps. Look in
/proc/<pid>/cmdline, grep ps, or use htop (from the sdk repo, alas;
beware of sharp edges). Xomap is the X server. It's not so much
necessary to use the CPU extensively to drain power; just very frequently.

[1]
https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/maemo-launcher/README

't.