Re: sporadic reset of hildon desktop

Hi,

ext Uwe Kaminski wrote:

> Peter Flynn schrieb:
>>> I have been able to reproduce this crash consistently with Pidgin
>>> from downloads.maemo.org on OS2008 (N810).
>> Unfortunately I don't use Pidgin, so it's not responsible for my
> restarts. my
>> desktop has the search box, RSS reader, FM radio, clock, and (until
> yesterday)
>> OMweather (now replaced by Internet radio). I also usually run GPE Calendar
>> and leave it running.
> I don't use pidgin too and the problem happens. It also doesen't matter
> whether zero, one or more home applets are in use. But since yesterday
> ther seems to be no laonger a problem. Yesterday I upgraded to the
> latest version of the "personal menu" plugin. Maybe this has fixed the
> problem?

Home, statusbar and tasknavigator are all in the same process to save
memory (>1MB per UI process).  If any of their plugins have stability
issues, it brings down the whole desktop (which then restarts without
Home plugins[1]).

If the problem happens without any home plugins enabled, maybe you've
installed some bad Statusbar plugin?

	- Eero

[1] So far we've had problems mainly with Home plugins as they are
     more complex than e.g. Statusbar plugins.