Re: sporadic reset of hildon desktop

Uwe Kaminski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the n800 with OS2008 starting from the internal memory card (i
> thing this has nothing to do with my problem).
>
> Sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after a few hours - but if i
> wait for a time which is long enough the hildon desktop makes a reset.
> This means not that the device reboots or somthing like that but the
> home applets, the statusbar icons and the hildon control panel
> arrangement (not the application icons or bookmarks!) ist set back to
> the state afte flashing the device. This means the 'personal menue' i
> installed is not visible instead of the contacts.

I've discovered a similar problem with N800/OS2007 but it really does
spontaneously reboot. Normally it's charging in my study overnight, so
it would be inaudible from elsewhere, but I was visiting with the 'rents
last week and it was in the bedroom...suddenly at just after midnight I
heard the diddle-diddle-ding-ding-ding of a Nokia startup. I went to
check, and it had rebooted, and then once the home screen had loaded, it
rebooted a second time. After that it stayed stable until the next
night. There is some weirdness going on here. BTW it was connected to my
Wiflyer (pocket AP) wifi, but the LAN (dialup) was disconnected from the
Internet at the time.

///Peter