Re: sporadic reset of hildon desktop

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 13:43 +0200, ext Uwe Kaminski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the n800 with OS2008 starting from the internal memory card (i
> thing this has nothing to do with my problem).
>
> Sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after a few hours - but if i
> wait for a time which is long enough the hildon desktop makes a reset.
> This means not that the device reboots or somthing like that but the
> home applets, the statusbar icons and the hildon control panel
> arrangement (not the application icons or bookmarks!) ist set back to
> the state afte flashing the device. This means the 'personal menue' i
> installed is not visible instead of the contacts.
>
> After rebooting the device the statusbar and the control panel
> arrangement and the home applets are customized like i did it. But after
> a few minutes or houres these components are reseting again...
>
> An other way to bring back my customized status is to go to the control
> panel and deselect "personal menu" and select it again (btw. its the
> same thing with the "command navigator" application instead of "personal
> menu").
>
> Without using non standard control panel plugins theres no reset if i
> remember correct.
>
> Is there anybody who has an idea whats going wrong? Has anyone the same
> problem?

It sounds like some of your plugins causes the desktop process to crash,
and when it restarts after the crash it reverts to loading only the
default set of plugins (to avoid crashing again). (There is a flag file
which the desktop removes in shutdown, and whose existence in startup
tells desktop that it crashed.)

You could try disabling your plugins one by one to see which of them
causes the desktop to crash.

BR; Kimmo