Re: Audio connection problem

I have achieved significant success by by using a cassette adapter in
a portable stereo cassette player, but that introduces some "tape
hiss" (although much less than an actual tape) and doesn't give as
good frequency response. The other drawback is that this particular
player doesn't have a power jack, so it introduces another set of
batteries.

Next on my agenda is to find an opto-isolator chip, and rig that up.
Hopefully that will solve the problem permanently and painlessly.

The more experimentation I do, the more clearly it becomes that
there's either a serious design flaw in the N800's audio circuitry or
my particular unit is defective. Either few other people have this
problem, or nobody else is using their device in the same way as me.

Mark