Re: OpenOffice (was Bluetooth keyboard?)

Hi,

ext Mark wrote:
> That's fine if all you need to do is view them. I need to be able to
> edit them. And create new ones from scratch. And in general,
> manipulate them in exactly the same ways that I would on my desktop.
>
> On paper, the eee PC has very little more horsepower, no advantage in
> storage (because the N800 has two full-sized SD slots instead of the
> one in the eee PC), and actually has less versatility, because it
> doesn't have bluetooth or a touch screen and is a lot less portable.
> And yet, it has a full version of OOo.

Besides being somewhat faster (and larger & draining battery faster),
the base model Eee has 4x more RAM than N8x0 (512MB vs. 128MB).  I.e.
hardware-wise it's a subnotebook whereas N8x0 is a high-end mobile
device.

OOo is real a RAM hog, especially with more complex documents.

> If I had known how little of the potential of the N800 was being
> realized, I would have opted for the eee PC instead. I actually was
> hoping to get both, but because of a boatload of unexpected expenses
> in the last few months can't possibly swing the eee PC now, and
> probably not for a very long time.

	- Eero