Re: gpe contacts import

On Apr 25, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Mark wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
>> I might note here a bit about the purposes of different communication
>> medias around internet tablets and maemo as I've understood them.
>>
>> * maemo-developers: forum to discuss the *open source*
>>   maemo-platform development
>> * maemo-users: forum for developers to discuss how to use
>>   the maemo-platform (i.e. application developers)
>> * Forum Nokia: commercial developer support
>> * ITT forum: end user stuff
>>

> I submit that this is counter-intuitive at best, and misnaming at its
> worst. If "maemo-users" is for application developers, it should be
> named "maemo-app-developers" or "maemo-application-dev" or something
> similar. Using the word "users" implies that it is for users, not
> developers.

No, because "maemo" is the application development platform. So the
"users" of maemo are developers (think iphonesdk-users). maemo-
developers is for people working on developing the development
platform, maemo-users is for developers using that platform. It's only
confusing because the community started using "maemo" to also apply to
"Internet Tablet OS".

A mailing list for end users would be something along the lines of
internet-tablet-os-users, itos-users, or similar.