Re: Battery life VERY short on N810, last OS2008...

Giacomo Tufano wrote:
> After installing the last revision of OS2008 (I don't really know why
> I did it, because I had no problem on startup) battery life is very,
> very short. I go from full battery down to automatic shutdown in a
> night...

One thing comes to mind : metalayer-crawler... This is going to be your
issue. Nokia seem to deny this is a problem, indeed I've read as much on
this list. However, the fact that with the metalayer-crawler running, I
get about the same amount of run time as you, but disabling it, I get a
week in stand by... I'd say Nokia are just plain WRONG!

What will disabling the crawler do? It will stop the media player
cataloging your media files. This means you would need to manually open
them.. yes it is a pita, but I'd far rather have realistic battery life
than my media catalogued.

This is also an issue with MPlayer too... the recent MPlayer build also
seems to do something similar. If I start it with my internal memory
card in, it freezes whilst it calalogues the data, but removing the
card, it is fine. Very annoying. At least MPlayer can be closed down
easily though.