Re: launching scripts/apps from desktop icons

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, n810@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm a huge fan of the Command Navigator app. It replaces the
> silly Contacts taskbar app, and can be configured to launch arbitrary command
> line programs via a menu.

I tried installing that on my N810 with apt-get, also personal-menu_0.4-2
with dpkg (the latest wants a later libglade). But I can't see how to
start them. I don't get a popup on the tablet asking which menu I want it
in. I see the configuration in settings/control panel/personalisation and
can add a command, but I can't find an icon anywhere in the menus.

I didn't change sudoers; the docs said it wasn't necessary if I didn't
need to run a command as root.

Andrew