Re: Cross-compiling for the N800

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> I'm afraid "compiling a .c file" falls under the definition of
> development, in this case.

Nope. No more so than downloading an application source and typing
configure;make;make install

> I do agree that the whole Scratchbox setup is way too complicated.

Yep.

Andrew Daviel wrote:

 > Personally, I installed scratchbox as per
 > http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/4.0/INSTALL.txt
 > then have to start the environment up and login.
 > Then I get a prompt
 > [sbox-CHINOOK_ARMEL: ~]>
 > and can do gcc, make etc., then copy binaries to the tablet with scp.

That worked perfectly. Thanks very much. Exactly what was needed

I've trashed the vmware dev kit. It looks good for development, but for
compiling an existing single-file program, it's grotesque overkill.

///Peter