Re: Cross-compiling for the N800

Florian Boor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>
>>> Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
> this looks like you try to run an x86 binary on your device.

That's what I thought.

> Check if you use the correct compiler. You can check with the "file" command what kind of binary
> you built.

It built an Intel 80386 binary. This is inside the scratchbox of the
maemo development vmware image in vmplayer.

The question is, why? I assumed the entire purpose of the dev img was
that you could compile an ARM binary inside it. If all it can do is
compile 80386 binaries, I don't see the point of it.

I used cc -o foo foo.c bar.c
Is there some switch I need to specify to force it to cross-compile?

///Peter