Cross-compiling for the N800

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Peter Flynn wrote:

> All installed, but compiling the utility with cc -o foo foo.c bar.c
> produces a binary which executes perfectly inside the VMware dev img
> window, but whe uploaded to the N800 says

Personally, I installed scratchbox as per
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/4.0/INSTALL.txt
then have to start the environment up and login.
Then I get a prompt
[sbox-CHINOOK_ARMEL: ~]>
and can do gcc, make etc., then copy binaries to the tablet with scp.
Sometimes, the binary segfaults in scratchbox but runs OK on the tablet.
I haven't investigated.

I'm not sure this is the same as you have; I'm not running VMware AFAIK.

I don't normally use GUI on Linux and may or may not have an icon on ny
FC4 system. Probably not.

Described (including caveat about not heeding warnings...) at
http://andrew.triumf.ca/andrew/n810-blog.html#scratchbox

Andrew