Re: startup questions

Hi,

ext Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Juha Kallioinen
> <juha.kallioinen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  and later (if you so desire)
>>
>>  $ sudo flasher --disable-rd-mode
>>
>>  The R&D mode flag is saved to some part of the flash on the device and it's
>>  independent of the actual image so you won't lose any of your data.

Note that the device is not intended to be run normally in RD mode.
Besides making your power key to work faster (so that your device
may more easily boot by accident in your bag) it also disables
some battery checks.

> That really is a huge pain. What if you're out somewhere away from
> your desktop and need to be root? And all these other workarounds may
> work, but we shouldn't be having to jump through these hoops to gain
> root on our own personal devices.

Personally I prefer just to install SSH (which asks for new root passwd)
as I need that anyway and installing rest of the packages is so much
nicer through ssh (apt-get install <large list of packages>).

	- Eero