n800 USB OTG adapter

Andrew Barr wrote:
> Thomas Armagost wrote:
>

>> Would the OTG adapter
>> enable me to use the Plantronics 470 as the n800's microphone?
>>

> You need to switch the controller into peripheral or gadget mode first.
> There is a GUI control panel for this out there somewhere, the name of
> which escapes me at the moment.
Host mode surely? Peripheral mode is the mode that lets the N800 look
like a mass storage device. If the adapter is OTG though, it should auto
detect the mode when plugged in. If the adapter is a straight reversal
(male to female) with no OTG wiring, you would need to manually change
the direction. The USB Control panel mentioned is the simplest way (but
requires Python installed), but if you have root access you can do the
switch on the command line. I personally do it this way because
otherwise my USB keyboard is wrongly mapped (I wrote a script that also
remaps the keyboard to the UK English mapping.)

Whether your device works is all down to power consumption and drivers
from there on. I've never had too many issues from Mass storage devices
and keyboards, but other devices have not worked (mice, ethernet, wifi
etc..) so YMMV (this might have been power related, so a powered hub
might sort a lot of these issues out.)

HTH