Still trying to make my Nokia 770/IT2006 bluetooth discoverable

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 13:39 -0600, david feldman wrote:
> OK, this is what I am seeing (I'm now in front of the 770):
>
> Tools->Control Panel->Connectivity brings up a new dialog box entitled "Connectivity"
>
> >From here, it has two tabs, General and Idle Times, and three buttons, OK, Connections and Cancel.
>
> Under Connections, I can get to a connection setup welcome wizard, and this eventually takes me through WLAN, Data call and Packet data options (none of those really do what I want, which is to set the bluetooth port enabled and discoverable.)
>
> Tools->Control Panel->Phone has a bluetooth icon on it, and that brings up a new dialog box called "Phone".
>
> Under Phone, I can select "New", which does a bluetooth search for phone in proximity (that is, it appears to expect the phone to be discoverable), however, this is also not what I want to accomplish, as I want to make the Nokia 770 itself discoverable (that is, phone discover Nokia, not the other way around.)
>
> There's another path - Tools->Connection Manager, from which I can select Tools from it's drop-down menu, but these just take me to the same set of dialog boxes I already found above.
>
> Under no set of these manuevers do I get an error message or unexpected close or crash of a dialog box, so I find it difficult to think that something is missing.
>
> So I'm somewhat back to my original plea for help - could someone with a Nokia 770 with IT2006 please try to set their device to bluetooth state discoverable, and tell me what the path is to that control?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Dave

<snip>

	A couple of things. Please don't hijack other threads, those of us
using threading don't care for it. RTFM. Try not to top post, it makes
things hard to sort through. And lastly please read this post:
<http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2008-March/009875.html>

Best Regards

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>