Someone with an IT2006 on Nokia 770 please help...

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 10:36 -0600, david feldman wrote:
> Ryan and I have been exchanging posts about a missing bluetooth control icon my Nokia 770 with IT2006 upgrade. Can someone with this device look at theirs and tell me if there is a control dialog for Bluetooth? I am trying to set my device to discoverable state. I only have the one device and don't have access to any other.
>
> Very thanks,
>
> Dave

Dave,
	Look here
<http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/guides/770_US_en.PDF> on
page 25.

> Your device operates always in nondiscoverable and nonconnectable mode,
> and is not visible to other devices through the Bluetooth connection, unless
> you create such connection. Do not create connections to Bluetooth devices
> you do not trust.

	I would strongly recommend upgrading to the ITOS2007HE which can be
found here <http://maemo.org/community/wiki/os2007on770/> along with
instructions on how to flash your device. This assumes you're using
Linux. I don't know how to load this via MS. Search is your friend. What
the Hacker Edition will do is add a bluetooth icon to the notification
area, among many many other improvements; if so desired. You will have
to enable it via the control panel if I remember correctly.

Best Regards
--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net