strange hardbutton behavior

Hi,

ext Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 06:43:25PM +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> ext Kevin T. Neely wrote:
>>> I do not think so.  They feel no different than they did before.
>>> The power off upon pressing the power button is instantaneous.
>>> The tablet immediately makes the light "plonk" sound and shuts
>>> off.  The buttons still have solid tactile feedback when depressed.
>> I meant stuck down in software.  It could be 770 kernel keyboard
>> driver issue.
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood.  Where would I find info/ a patch for this?

There isn't.  This is just speculation as there was some key handling
issue in our internal OS2008 kernel version which was fixed for its
release.  If I've understood correctly, the Hacker edition is using
OS2008 kernel with 770 kernel configuration.  Either this fix might
not be in the 770 configuration or if it uses the same keyboard driver,
maybe it would need additional modifications for 770.

If there's hacker in the community with enough knowledge and interest,
he could look into Hacker edition kernel sources.

Hadn't heard about this issue before.  I have never noticed the keyboard
> (software, or my bluetooth Su-8w) stop working, which I saw mention of here:
> http://maemo.org/community/wiki/os2007hackereditionarchives/

	- Eero