E-book reader?

Erik Hovland wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 10:41:38AM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> Marius Gedminas wrote:

>>> N800 with FBReader is the best pocketable e-book reader I've ever seen.
>>> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/fbreader/
>>>

>> The default config doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm starting to
>> figure out how to beat it into submission (I wanted the "big" scroll on
>> the 5-way; that's easily possible and I have it now, but not the default).
>>

> The default config doesn't make sense unless you rotate the page to
> portrait orientation and make the app full screen. Then it is just
> about perfect. Just like reading on a Palm or iPAQ.

Portrait format works well, but I want to turn *pages* not *lines*, and
the default config advances by lines on the 5-way navigator button.  But
as I say, it's configurable, so now mine is doing what I want, and yours
can do what you want even if it's not the same as what I want :-).

I've read many dozens of books on my various Palm devices by now, and
it's my preferred way to read at this point (the worst part is that I
can't read below 10,000 feet on an airplane :-)).  While I don't have
the experience yet, it looks like FBreader on the N800 will be at least
as good, probably better.  The screen and font are definitely a cut
above, which is good (and more font choices).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info