E-book reader?

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:20:13AM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> What do people use for reading ebooks on the N800?
>>

> N800 with FBReader is the best pocketable e-book reader I've ever seen.
> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/fbreader/

The default config doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm starting to
figure out how to beat it into submission (I wanted the "big" scroll on
the 5-way; that's easily possible and I have it now, but not the default).

>> On my Palm TX I
>> mostly use iSilo, with some use of Pluckr and very rarely Mobipocket
>> Reader.  None of those turn up in a search on Maemo.org.  I need to be
>> able to deal with books I have in text and html.  I'm willing to use the
>> mobipocket format if necessary since they seem to be decently-behaved.
>>

> FBReader supports Plucker, Mobipocket, plain text, HTML, and more:
> http://www.fbreader.org/docs/formats.php

Yes, a good range of things.  I've been mostly using iSilo, but that's a
proprietary format (best I found for the Palm long ago, and mostly
stayed best so I stayed with it, but I prefer open software).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info