locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:06:11PM -0500, Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
> When I ssh -X from my N810 to a remote linux machine and I run an app that
> opens a window I get:
>
>    Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
>
> Does anybody know what causes this and how to fix it?

ssh copies the environment variables that define the locale into the
remote session.  Apparently your remote Linux machine doesn't support
the locale you use on the N810.  You can see what that locale is with
'locale'; you can make that locale work by using localedef (the
low-level tool) or something distro-specific (e.g. on Ubuntu install
language-support-xx where xx is the language code).

Marius Gedminas
--
Every nonzero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal basis.

It makes sense, when you don't think about it.