GPE on maemo manual? / Repository signatures

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 07:33:44PM +0100, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> >   - Once I (accidentally) open the calendar app, it refuses to close.
> >     The "X" in the upper right which *should*, by all that is standard
> >     and holy, close the app instead minimizes it.  The only way I have
> >     found thus far to close the calendar app is by opening an xterm and
> >     killing it from the command line.  Can this be changed to behave in
> >     the standard way and, if so, how?
> >
> This is intentional behavior - since the calendar must be open for
> alarms to fire, the close button just minimizes. You can quit it using
> the menu close option, no need for an xterm.  It's just a way of
> avoiding unfortunate surprises for users.

Intentional, perhaps, but nonstandard and apparently unconfigurable.
Standards exist for a reason, namely to avoid surprises for users.

Oh, and I see that menu->close does really close it (thanks!), but
menu->file->close minimizes.  A menu item which explicitly says "close"
really should close.

> You might also want to look for the GPE Linuxtogo email list.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/