emptied calendar

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:45:56 +0000, Graham Cobb wrote:

> On Sunday 17 February 2008 19:35:52 Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Yesterday, when I pulled my N800 out of my briedcase, I noticed that:
>>   (1) it was already on
>>   (2) the calendar program had lost *all* my appointments, although my
>>   to-do list was intact.
>
> I am a GPE developer and I do not remember anyone else ever reporting
> this.
>
>> Does anyone have a clue what might have happened to cause this? Is
>> there something I should avoid doing? Is it a known bug?
>> Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again? Is it
>> likely to go away with more up-to-date software.  OS2008?  The hacker
>> edition of the system?
>
> No to all of your questions.  There have been no bugs fixed recently
> which could cause this (and there is no hacker edition for the N800,
> only for the 770).
>
> My suggestion is to hope it was an obscure problem (like the file
> corruption another reply mentioned) which will not happen again.  if you
> want to double check whether anyone else has seen anything like this you
> could try a posting on ITT and/or the GPE mailing list.

What's ITT?
In the GPE mailing list archives I find:

http://www.handhelds.org/hypermail/gpe/58/5886.html

in which Andrew Hold describes a problem similar to mine.  The file .gpe/
calendar is still present, and the contents seem to be there when I look
at the calendar using more (at least, the ASCII strings I see look like
strings that could be in the database..

I suppose next I should follow his example and use select * on it in
sqlite (providing I can find out how to do this).  He says
   gpe-calendar -e /dev/tty
also shows his entries.

-- hendrik