emptied calendar

On Sunday 17 February 2008 19:35:52 Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Yesterday, when I pulled my N800 out of my briedcase, I noticed that:
>   (1) it was already on
>   (2) the calendar program had lost *all* my appointments, although my
>   to-do list was intact.

I am a GPE developer and I do not remember anyone else ever reporting this.

> Does anyone have a clue what might have happened to cause this?
> Is there something I should avoid doing?
> Is it a known bug?
> Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again?
> Is it likely to go away with more up-to-date software.  OS2008?  The
> hacker edition of the system?

No to all of your questions.  There have been no bugs fixed recently which
could cause this (and there is no hacker edition for the N800, only for the
770).

My suggestion is to hope it was an obscure problem (like the file corruption
another reply mentioned) which will not happen again.  if you want to double
check whether anyone else has seen anything like this you could try a posting
on ITT and/or the GPE mailing list.

By the way, I backup my IT regularly in case I lose the device.

Graham