Canola2 beta2 is out!

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 11:14:49PM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> [*] 770 support: gregale is regular install, but for Hacker Edition
> (bora ported to 770) you need a special proceeding (ain't you
> hackers!?):
>    1) disable all repositories
>    2) add the repositories:
>    2.1) deb http://repository.maemo.org gregale free non-free
>    2.2) deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras gregale free non-free

I cannot get Canola2 working on 2007HE.  This is what I did:

I tried to disable the repositories through the Gui.  But the main one is un-editable through the GUI.  So, I scp'd the sources.list to my desktop, commented out all but the above, and then scp'd it back to the the 770.

Tried to install through the GUI.  it failed with an error

I refreshed, and then did an 'apt-get install canola2' which completed just fine, with two questions, via the GUI on the device, that I answerd.

Now, I try to start it, but nothing happens.  The device says "Canola loading" and then that goes away.  Nothing appears afterwards

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com