N810 with Verizon MOTORAZR V9m

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:17:56 -0500
Jeffrey Mark Siskind <qobi at purdue.edu> wrote:

> Does the N810 work with the Verizon MOTORAZR V9m bluetooth DUN?
>   Has anybody succesfully used this phone?
>   Has anybody run into difficulties using this phone?
> If the Verizon V9m does not work, what other Verizon flip phones do
> people know that work with N810 as a bluetooth DUN? How about:
>   - W385
>   - RAZR V3m
>   - MOTOKRZR K1m
>   - LG VX8700
>   - MOTORAZR maxx Ve
>   - Samsung Flipshot

Jeff,
	Verizon locks up their bluetooth *very* tightly. See my
comments here
<http://mdlug.org/pipermail/mdlug/2008-January/003627.html>. I had a
Motorola E815 that I could enable DUN from the keypad and it worked
well. I upgraded recently to a Nokia 6315i which I ditched for a
Blackberry Pearl. I also switched another handset from Sprint/Nextel to
a Verizon  Motorola w385. At the time I checked several weeks ago, the
only way to enable DUN on the Nokia and Motorola is to reflash/edit the
firmware. Of course you can allways pay Verizon to enable it. I have
also yet to get access to my SBC dialup account through either handset.
That of course could be SBC because I get an authentication error.
Verizon tells me that should work as it treats that as a normal call
and routes it as such, rather than through their data exchange. As a
phone I'm extremely happy with both the w385 and Pearl. Both are very
compact, no antenna (a first for Verizon), good to excellent audio,
excellent reception and battery life for the w385, fair to good
reception and battery life for the Pearl. The w385 does not have EVDO
capability so I'm assuming that's the difference. Surprisingly
disappointed with the 6315i all around. For more information try
Howard Forums.

Best Regards,

--
Peter The Plumber sm on the Road