SE Z520i works with N800 (was Re: N810 with Verizon MOTORAZR V9m

Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
> Does the N810 work with the Verizon MOTORAZR V9m bluetooth DUN?

I was astonished to find that my N800 could create an Internet
connection through my SE Z5201. In the past, no device (laptop, desktop,
PDA) has ever been able to create a connection with any of my
cellphones, except a primitive DUN connection years ago, before the ISPs
offering "free" dialup (1-8xx numbers) blocked data calls here.

I was in hospital, cut off from the world, so I tried creating a
connection, expecting to be asked for all kinds of numbers, usernames,
and passwords that I don't know. Instead, after a false start selecting
"Data call" instead of "Packet data", it defaulted to a dial-up number
of "*99#" with no username or password, and suddenly the phone lit up
and said "Connecting". Cripplingly slow, of course, but functional.

Full marks to whoever wrote this into the Connections code, and to SE
(normally the most ghastly interface for data).

///Peter