modest persistence

Hi Paolo,

Not without changing the source code and recompiling, no. (the change
isn't too hard, search for the places where MODEST_DIR is used).

Anything particular reason you want to have your ~/.modest elsewhere?

> TIA,
>   Paolo.
> P.S. a workaround could be create a symbolic link on the fs, but I
> think it's not the better way to do this.

...and symlinks would work here (different device), but bind mounts
could,
as Igor suggested.

Best wishes,
Dirk.