what exactly is the GPS management framework for N810?

Joshua Layne wrote:

>>> and specifically, this:
>>> http://maemo.org/api_refs/4.0/gpsmgr/index.html
>>>
>>> which is exactly what I was looking for.
>> You might also want to look http://gps-saver.garage.maemo.org/
>> sources, it shows how to use the gpsbt and gpsmgr APIs.
>>

> That may have been how I found the API page originally :)  I will take a
> look at the code there.  Thanks again.

Liblocation seems to be quite convenient GPS API for a glib based
applications:

http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/maemo_connectivity_guide.html#Location

There seems to be many headers available:

ls -1 /usr/include/location/
location-bt-device-manager.h
location-bt-helper.h
location-distance-utils.h
location-gps-device.h
location-gpsd-control.h
location-misc.h

But the documentation is pretty simple and I'm not aware of any open
source apps using that. I made a very simple test app with cut'n'pasting
for the guide and at least it started the gps and gave me the coordinates.

--
Tuomas