Installing OS2008 on N800

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 02:21:48PM +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
> > Aniruddha wrote:

> >> http://www.nokiausa.com/A4410958
> >>

> > Thanks. I wonder if there's some logical reason why that info was not
> > provided on the download page?
> > Sometimes, I get the feeling Nokia deliberately tries to make things
> > difficult.
>
> PHP-driven sites are notorious for defective filetyping. For some reason
> PHP fails to inform Apache/IIS that the file being served is of media
> type x/y so the server assumes the media type of the parent page (.php)

Should be easy to fix, no?  Set some HTTP headers (Content-Disposition,
IIRC?) and all works fine.

Is there a bug tracker for http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/?

(Heh, currently the page at that URL says

  The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the
  inconvinience[sic] it may cause.

Misspelt error messages are always funny.)

Marius Gedminas
--
A real friend isn't someone you use once and then throw away.
A real friend is someone you can use over and over again.