Installing OS2008 on N800

Neil MacLeod wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> Which takes me to
>> http://europe.nokia.com/A4579470, where I find "For updating your
>> software using a Linux computer, go to www.maemo.org
>> <http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_FlashLatestNokiaImageWithLinux?highlight=%28CategoryFlashing%29>.",
>> which is exactly where I started from.
>>

> I have re-read your original post - does the above Wiki page fail to provide the information you seek? If that is exactly where you started from, what is it about the Wiki page that fails to describe how you install the update? The Wiki page appears to describe the process for Linux in simple, easy to follow steps - I'm not sure what it is you are missing, to be honest.

An average consumer may not know about the wiki. They'll go to Nokia and
if they're looking for the Linux install, they'll be taken to the maemo
site, where there are no instructions for installing the image. Are
users supposed to be clairvoyant, so that they automatically know of the
wiki? What's the harm of including instructions or at least a link to
them, from the maemo site?