any hope for 770

> On Dec 20, 2007 2:40 PM, Karl Bellve <Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu> wrote:
> David Fass wrote:
> > Just wondering, is there any hope for stable applications on the 770,
> > or has that boat sailed?  I use AbiWord, which crashes at random
> > moments.  I use the default browser which also crashes at random
> > moments.  The computer frequently decides to restart itself at random
> > moments.  The bluetooth connection goes on and off; the wireless
> > connection goes on and off.
> >
> > Is this just stuff that people live with?
> I use the latest hacker edition, which fixed some of the bugs in Opera
> but not all. The random crashes in Opera annoy me. The piss-poor media
> player doesn't play much of anything, unlike mplayer. These are some of
> the reasons why I won't be replacing my Nokia 770 with anything else
> from Nokia.  I want a device that isn't dependent upon a vendor for its
> main software. This is why I like the ASUS eee. It runs standard
> applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. With my experience with Opera
> on the Nokia, I doubt I will use any device that has Opera as its main
> browser. The people behind Opera should be embarrassed.
>
> Why can't I just get Opera updated, or the email client? Why does the
> whole device need to be flashed? This is why I won't buy Nokia again.

Uhm.. you don't like the media player? use mplayer... you don't like
the browser? there is microb (based on mozilla and open source) you
don't like the default mail program? there is modest and/or claws mail
(open source). And you don't need to reflash whole device to install
these programs.. btw i have a n800, don't know if these programs work
on n770.

ciao
Luca