any hope for 770

David Fass wrote:
> Just wondering, is there any hope for stable applications on the 770,
> or has that boat sailed?  I use AbiWord, which crashes at random
> moments.  I use the default browser which also crashes at random
> moments.  The computer frequently decides to restart itself at random
> moments.  The bluetooth connection goes on and off; the wireless
> connection goes on and off.
>
> Is this just stuff that people live with?
I use the latest hacker edition, which fixed some of the bugs in Opera
but not all. The random crashes in Opera annoy me. The piss-poor media
player doesn't play much of anything, unlike mplayer. These are some of
the reasons why I won't be replacing my Nokia 770 with anything else
from Nokia.  I want a device that isn't dependent upon a vendor for its
main software. This is why I like the ASUS eee. It runs standard
applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. With my experience with Opera
on the Nokia, I doubt I will use any device that has Opera as its main
browser. The people behind Opera should be embarrassed.

Why can't I just get Opera updated, or the email client? Why does the
whole device need to be flashed? This is why I won't buy Nokia again.