Disappearing Widgets.

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 12:43 -0800, ext James Sparenberg wrote:
> OK,
>
>    First, Yes I understand 2008 is a beta.  So please don't anyone get
> defensive.  But I think I have a case somehow of application vs 2008
> and I'm trying to track it down. Can't file a bug until I can say "do
> this and that happens" or at least say what is happening.
>
>   I'm about to do a 3rd re-install this weekend.   Each one is promted
> by the same thing.  After a restart (last on promted by a need to
> change battery for a charged one while out)  I loose all visible
> widgets. No buttons (I've the text) no progress or scroll bars,
> nothing.  Now the functionality is still there.  If I guess the
> location of a scroll button it will scroll, Buttons though only
> defined by the text that was on them still push.
>
>   I seem to recall someone having this kind of event in the past and a
> cure existing.  Though for the life of me I can't remember what it
> was.
>
>   Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is #3 event in 3 days.
> Though the "remember what was installed" feature of 2008 is working
> well.

What theme are you using? Did you install something theme-related?

This sounds like you have a broken theme that messes things up.. Like,
if you have os2007 themes, those *do not work* on OS2008 since there are
changes, and things might likely get broken.

Or something else is corrupting the files..?

//Tuomas