"airplane mode" for traveling

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 12:01:22AM +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
> > I didn't know there was an "offline mode" (and I haven't found it yet).
> > On my flights to and from the US last week I did what I could to turn
> > off wifi by disconnecting it from the airport network at the departure
>
> In OS 2006, you can enter offline mode by pressing the powre button and
> selecting it from the menu that pops up.
>
> hth,

This is true for OS 2007, and OS 2008. Offline mode is the second selection on
the menu. BTW Offline mode is great for other places where radio silence is
not an issue. It saves a good bit of power. Especially in places where you
are on fringes of wifi were you can get and lose connectivity often. I have
places in  my office like that is I can sometimes kill a battery change
quickly just carrying it around. This has much improved in OS 2008 BTW.

Thanks
Brian