OS2008: .bashrc or .bash_profile?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 11:34:56PM +0100, Laurent MARTIN wrote:
> I've recently upgraded my N800 to ITOS2008: waoooouuuuh! :o)
> Something I've noticed: when I run osso-xterm (the default one),
> my .bashrc (or .bash_profile) file is not run anymore :-/ I've put
> some aliases in it and none of them is set up...

How did you ever get .bash* to work?  Did you have bash installed in
your N800 before?

I have a .profile on my N800 with OS2007.  I don't know about the
default osso-xterm, but the maemo-hackers version does the right thing
and launches /bin/sh as a login shell, so .profile gets interpreted.
It wasn't always so; early versions of the m-h xterm had a bug and
did not cause /bin/sh to read .profile.

> Any clue about this? This is a problem I already had months ago with
> some old versions of osso-xterm but it was running w/o any problem
> with last releases under OS2007...

Would it work if you upgraded to the mh version of osso-xterm?  Is one
available for OS2008?

Marius Gedminas
--
Bumper sticker: Alcohol and calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.