OS2008: .bashrc or .bash_profile?

On 14/12/2007, at 1:00 AM, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> ext Peter Flynn wrote:
>> Eero Tamminen wrote:
>>> The device doesn't have Bash.  And because Busybox conflicts with it
>>> (because Bash tries to set itself as /bin/sh which would
>>> significantly slow down device bootup and use more memory), you
>>> cannot install one either.
>>
>> What happens if you download a script written for sh or bash and
>> try to
>> execute it?
>
> If it uses Bashishm instead of standard POSIX shell syntax
> (i.e. what is supported by Busybox), you need to fix it.

There have in the past been items in the "standard" repositories
(sorry, can't remember which) which required bash. I think one was a
libc package that had bashisms in the postinst -- which is
unforgivable. This is the kind of thing that really needs to be sorted
in the new all-singing all-dancing repo setup.

Cheers,

Nick