(update) Re: OS2008: beta version of Modest e-mail client available

Hi all,

Thank you all for your interest in Modest so far, in this mail
I'll try to answer some of the questions.

* first, after some discussion, please file any bugs you might
  find under Communication/Modest in bugzilla.maemo.org; please
  do _not_ use Communication/Email, that's for the old client,
  thanks!

* despite my warnings, I got reports that Modest works quite Ok
  on OS2007/Bora. That's great news! We'll try to keep it that way
  for the foreseeable future. You will have to build your own
  packages for OS2007 though.

* even if Modest does not replace the existing email-client right
  now, it may do so in the future of course :) And, hopefully soon
  I'll publish some tricks to make Modest more of a first-class
  citizen on OS2008.

* about IMAP-IDLE: in principle there is no network traffic at all
  (or after 30min) but in practice there are some timeouts; we are
  currently tuning those to find the optimum reliability / battery
  usage (some GPRS connections are not very nice).

* IMAP subscriptions: not supported atm. will look into that, but
  no promises.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

http://modest.garage.maemo.org