dual boot with 2007 from device and 2008 from MMC - possible?

Hi Kalle,
Thank you for your reply - please see my responses inline.

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 19:49:46 +0200, Kalle Valo <Kalle.Valo at nokia.com>
wrote:

> Do you see any errors? How does it fail?

It claims that it is an authentication failure, and the limited log digging
that I have been able to do (infrastructure side) suggests that the
credentials are being sent garbled.

> First I recommend you to try different settings from N810, especially
> the ones in advanced dialog. For example, I have heard cases of some
> Radius servers which require some special username and such.

I have tried about every combination I can imagine, including the 'prompt
for password' option, which does indeed prompt for uname password, but then
fails - I am positive that I am entering them correctly, yet have failed
multiple times.

> But if you don't get it working, I recommend you to file a bug. But it
> just might be a some configuration issue in N810, WLAN EAP is a tricky
> business.

will do - later this week, should be able to do some more work a bit later
this week with RADIUS logs and such.

> Can you post your wpa_supplicant settings (with a fake password, of
> course)?

/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
-----
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

#work
network={
	ssid="Work_Wireless"
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
	eap=PEAP
	identity="username"
	password="yourplaintextpassword"
	phase1="peaplabel=0"
	phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
	priority=10
}
-----

The one (perhaps) important thing is that I did require some crypto modules
added in (to angstrom 2007.1 prerelease), I don't know if they are in maemo
by default.
full write up here (including all modules info):
http://blog.willowisp.net/?p=29

> These guys are hacking os2007 kernel to work with os2008 rootfs (or
> was it vice versa, I don't remember anymore). That's very experimental
> and definitely not supported. Your problem is not related to this in
> anyway, don't worry.

ok, thanks.

I do like the graphical interface for maemo wireless, but I also like the
flexibility of wpa_supplicant - is it possible to add wpa_supplicant in?
Things like setting the adapter to promiscuous mode to pick up any AP it
can find are actually quite useful sometimes.

Thank you again for the reply.

Rgds,
josh