A/V Sync in Media Player

Andrew Flegg wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 2:39 AM, Mike Lococo <mikelococo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone else has A/V sync problems with their N800 when watching
>> feature length films?
>>
> [snip]
>> 2) Run through Bleb's tablet-encode with the default settings
>
> What version of tablet-encode are you using? There were reports that
> the -noidx option, which is passed by default to mencoder in v <= 2.00
> (for reasons which escape my memory), caused exactly this issue.

No dice.  I was using 2.00, but reencoding with the default settings
using 2.10 results in the same behavior.  I'm fairly convinced that this
is a bug in media player for several reasons:

1) Other media players handle the problem files just fine.

2) The behavior has been consistent over several ITOS versions, going
back to the 770 IIRC.

3) The behavior has been consistent using both tablet-encode and
Kontori's Media Converter

I've filed bug #2477 for this issue.  If someone can convince me that
was a bad idea I'll close it with an explanatory comment.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo