further beating on OS2008 beta

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 13:54 -0800, ext James Sparenberg wrote:
> > Because a lot of stuff works differently with the physical
> > keyboard. And because I have no clue if the input method works
> > differently on the N800 with N810 OS release shoehorned into it?
> > :-)
>
> So now if I'm understanding you correct .... Nokia is saying pox on
> the n800 user we are off on a different bend once again.

No, I am just saying that as far as I know, there is no official, tested
OS2008 released for N800 yet. I have not flashed the N810 image to a
N800 so I don't know how well it works.

> > Also, the source is in garage as osso-xterm, so go and tweak it to
> > your liking if you wish. I think all this "new" UI stuff is in the
> > "ui-rework"-branch.
>
> It doesn't build.  The whole library structure is different from a -to
> b and I'm not a C programmer.

Hm. I managed to build it some months ago for os2008, though I  am not
even "a programmer" so I am not sure - probably someone else knows
better whether this should work or not?

//Tuomas