USB keyboard on n800?

drfredc at drfredc.com wrote:
> Hmm...  Thanks for the info.  I think I've got the adapter, somewhere,
> maybe.  I recall something like it coming with my USB HDTV thingy so one
> could extend the thingy further from a noisy laptop or computer.
>
> Do you suppose a "keyboard" kernel would have to be reflashed and/or
> rewritten when the next OS update comes out?

Next OS update (the 2008 one) has usb host mode support built-in so you
may just wait few weeks for much easier way. But still, someone
experienced with flashing kernel and using insmod command can have it
running right now.

> Outside of linking to another USB port, do you have any idea of what
> other devices might/does the n800s USB port work with?

Anything that has kernel driver in 2.6.18 linux kernel (or 2.6.21 for
OS2008) which means lots of stuff :-)

Frantisek