n800 user reviews

Jon -

I've written a fair bit about the tablet here -

http://tinyurl.com/yw9b6e

and here -

http://www.maemoapps.com

While not as geeky as you ... Mac guy on the desktop.  The tablet will
easily fill your need for the mobile internet / media player - watch
though watch how you encode stuff (particularly video).  You might
find you want a nice bluetooth capable phone so you don't have to rely
on wifi ... I get a really nice HSDPA signal when I head into NYC from
my house and it's super quick on the tablet.  Like walking wifi!  EDGE
works fine too for basic browsing, email and feed reading, but
streaming needs more juice...