N800 USB and radio

On 10/29/07, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
> > In short:
> > a) yes, there is a real FM tuner.  You need to have earphones plugged
> > in to receive a signal.
>
> Aha. I got my N800 off eBay and never noticed the earphone missing.

While the radio and stereo output will work will regular headphones
plugged into the jack, the headphones that come with the N800 are
special in that they have some extra rings on the plug that carry
microphone and button push signals into the N800. I think that this
may a shared feature with other Nokia phones so you may be able to
pick up the right style headphones at any mobile phone shop.

/Mike