Brick after battery dying?

Hi,
On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 14:26 +0000, ext Alan Williamson wrote:
> > Have you installed _any_ extra software to the device?
> >
> > (WLAN AP that doesn't implement power management properly can be also an
> > issue.)
>
> of course!  Hasn't everyone? :)
>
> but this extra software is not run all the time; they are on-demand
> as-and-when.  For example the RealVNC client, and Canola.  Although the
> onboard mediaplayer handles streaming music just fine so i haven't had
> the need to use it.
>
> i have made moves to try and get the unit replaced/fixed with the supplier.
>
>   :)

I'm afraid you are victim of a wrong assumption.

I had a similar discussion with somebodyelse on either this list or
maemo-devel.

Canola _did_ break sleep. You can search the archives.

Before returning your unit you should reflash it with a stock image and
check if the problem persists.

We do test all the sw that we ship but it takes very little to ruin the
uptime when writing code for the tablet.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com>
(Nokia Multimedia - CP - OSSO / Helsinki, Finland)