Brick after battery dying?

Igor Stoppa wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 14:26 +0000, ext Alan Williamson wrote:
>>> Have you installed _any_ extra software to the device?
>>>
>>> (WLAN AP that doesn't implement power management properly can be also an
>>> issue.)
>> of course!  Hasn't everyone? :)
>>
>> but this extra software is not run all the time; they are on-demand
>> as-and-when.  For example the RealVNC client, and Canola.  Although the
>> onboard mediaplayer handles streaming music just fine so i haven't had
>> the need to use it.
>>
>> i have made moves to try and get the unit replaced/fixed with the supplier.
>>
>>   :)
>
> I'm afraid you are victim of a wrong assumption.
>
> I had a similar discussion with somebodyelse on either this list or
> maemo-devel.
>
> Canola _did_ break sleep. You can search the archives.
>
> Before returning your unit you should reflash it with a stock image and
> check if the problem persists.
>
> We do test all the sw that we ship but it takes very little to ruin the
> uptime when writing code for the tablet.

okay however a couple of things to note:

1. Canola has not been physically run in MONTHS!

2. The device does not charge; i plug in the power supply and nothing!
i have to wiggle and *sometimes* it churps that the battery is charging

So irrespective of the software on the device, the ability to put in the
charger and expect it to charge is not one i would deem unreasonable!